The shipbuilding industry are experiencing challenging projects with short timelines and man-hour demanding construction. Support systems for EIT, HVAC and piping are among the greatest “time thieves” in a project.
Today’s installation methodology consists of late stage changes, endless welding, touch-up paint, and supporting each technical system separately. This way of working has remained essentially unchanged over the last 40 years.
As a leading and worldwide supplier of fasteners and support systems we have seen the potential for improvement. Several years ago, our engineers started working together with shipyards, to learn more about the challenges they are facing. Together with the industry we continuously invent smarter and more lean installation methods. The result of this work will be presented at Nor-Shipping 2019.
We call it: FAST-TRACK SHIPBUILDING
- A brand-new Shipbuilding Best Practice document for engineering and construction.
- Welding free, fast and durable post paint fastening technology
- New and game changing earthing and bonding products
- A new product range for multidiscipline support systems. New exciting materials available!
- New time saving cable transit system
- 20-50% savings on total installation cost of support systems
From 4.-7. June, Oglaend System and Hilti will be exhibiting these tailored solutions for maritime and ocean industries at Nor-Shipping. Visit us at stand D01-30!